Monday, November 9, 2009

Good hair = good luck?

Friday, I drove out to the Employee ID office for Stanford University. I'm technically a hospital employee, but in order to use the Arrillaga sports facility, you have to have a separate ID card.

I had anticipated a $20 fee, but I was happy to pay for it because it was a one-time expense for unlimited access to an amazing gym. They didn't charge me anything -- it really was my lucky day!

So this morning as I was getting ready for work, I threw exercise pants, a sports bra, a shirt into my tote bag (the shoes were already at the office) and I'm ready to roll after work! :)

Goals for today:
- Lower body exercise machines (the little gym at my apartment complex only has upper body weight machines - I've got big guns already)
- 1 mile on either the track or the treadmill (they have an indoor track)
- pilates when I get home (I really do hate the DVD I have, but I don't know how willing I am to give it up yet . . .)
- Maybe (maybe) do a bit of boulder work -- though I don't have shoes or chalk yet, so I don't know how well that will work out . . .


On an unrelated note -- it's been a good hair weekend. Have been wearing it curly for several days straight and I'm finding that when I do this, it's much more agreeable, less frizzy (probably because I try not to shampoo it when it's going to be curly) and all aroud more cooperative.

And really, when it's a good hair day, isn't it just a good mood day all around?

1 comment: