Monday, November 2, 2009

Inaugural post.

I'm fairly certain that my running shoes are collecting dust. I fear that slipping them onto my feet will make me cry.

But sometimes you have to jump and trust that there's a net to catch you.

So tonight, I'm putting on my shoes. I'm hitting the treadmill. If I make it a mile without dying, I'll be thrilled. Carrying an extra 40 pounds of weight doesn't make training easier, that's for sure, but I'm hoping that I'll gradually trim down to a fitness level that will carry through many races to come, including the big kahuna and my ultimate goal: the Boston Marathon.

Last April, I ran the Big Sur International Marathon. It was my very first marathon and was so overwhelming for me. I balked at training at times and slacked off out of fear and nervousness. Not now. No. We're gonna do it, Body, aren't we?

I have a sticker that says '26.2' on my desk. Seems like a slight joke since I know, I KNOW, I could have done so much better. But that little sticker is staring me in the face, daring me to try again.

But oh, this is gonna hurt . . .

1 comment:

  1. WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

    I'm here to support you! :)

    ReplyDelete