Sunday, January 24, 2010

One. Again.

I struggle with my consistency, but I'm doing better with the amount that I've been running. I ran a mile today on the treadmill and it went pretty well. I don't really care for treadmills much, but here at my complex, there's a TV and I was lucky to be the only one in the fitness center for a while. I found "13 Going on 30" on Fox and tuned in while I warmed up for 1/4 mile, ran 1 mile and cooled down for another 1/4 mile.

Even though it was warmer than I would have liked, I feel like my lungs responded better to the warmer, stagnant air in the fitness center. Typically, I run outside and my lungs burn something terrible. Partly because I'm not always good about warming up before workouts, partly because there's really something wrong there. This week I'll be making an appointment with a pulmonologist to listen to my lungs and tell me if I'm right in thinking there's something a little . . . off. As a tyke, I rounded several bouts of croup and bronchitis and at least one of RSV all before age 4. Needless to say, the fact that I try to avoid dairy has helped a lot -- I'm not as phlegmy (sorry to be gross) and it keeps my lungs a little clearer.

So, continuing on with fitness, I've started following a crazy number of fitness blogs, I've renewed subscriptions (accidentally, but that's a story for another day) to Runner's World, Self and Women's Health magazines and I'm fairly active (though a little less lately) on SparkPeople, and of course, the office is having a Biggest Loser Challenge. In about two weeks, I've lost almost five pounds, and a couple of inches here and there on my body. I still have a ways to go, but I'm tickled pink about this -- I feel like as I get lighter, running will be a little easier, but for now, I'm running with the body I have.

It is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment