Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Run, run, run.

Well, after stalling on the training for a few several-day increments, I'm feeling it . . . Granted, I'm in the section of training where I'm still walk-running a lot of it, but I'm trying to keep my walk breaks to a minimum.

I had the pure delight to meet and run with Jeff Galloway last week and I kept up with him as he led the group in a 3 mile fun run. He also autographed my book and let me take a picture with him (I'll post it up later).

So I'm inspired . . . I also picked up a foam roller at Fleet Feet (where the Galloway event was held), so I have no excuse to not work on my temperamental hip. Psoas muscle be darned!

Am also trying to work on doing pilates more (to build up my postural muscles so my back doesn't ache so much while I run) and trying to climb more (strengthening exercise that torches calories? sign me up!).

But it's a work in progress . . . Have discovered my pure joy at running trails -- SO much more fun and interesting than road racing. I don't know why I never tried it before!

No comments:

Post a Comment